If you want to make a gift/offering to Hope in Christ Church, click here to learn about ways to give.
You can view a digital bulletin Here
You can watch a Livestream at 9:30 am on our facebook account.
- My story
- Discipleship Isn’t
- Isn’t just confronting someone with their sin.
- Isn’t just learning the right doctrines, answers, bible verses. (James 2:19)
- Isn’t just getting the right behavior.
- Gospel Discipleship is…
- So much more.
- Timothy is an Equal (Phil 2:20a)
- Timothy cared for others (Phil 2:20b-21)
- One of the greatest questions we can ask is we want to be in a discipling relationship with kids, grandkids, friends, workers, anyone we meet – is to simply ask and reflect upon this: What is Christ doing here? What does he want for them?
- Timothy worked in Gospel ministry (Phil 2:22-23, Lk 6:40
- Paul apprenticed Timothy in ministry by taking him to do ministry.
- True discipleship should engage people in service and ministry.
- Epaphroditus’ risk for Christ (Phil 2:27, 30)
- A Christian who never learns to risk for the gospel and for Jesus will never enjoy the great joy of seeing Christ do immeasurably more than they can ask or imagine.
- A Christian who can’t risk will always for so careful that they will never be able to step out in faith and see the Lord transform their city.
- Without risk, you can never see another grow into a disciple b/c you will be too afraid to let them try and fail, so you will do it yourself.
- Gospel discipleship is data transfer but also heart cultivation
- Gospel discipleship is behavior change but more than that; is it seeking the ways of Christ for others
- Gospel discipleship is sin confrontation but even more; it is raising up an equal who can minister and serve just like you can in the world.
- Gospel discipleship is bringing people to the point where they will risk their own life for their Lord and his work in the world.
- And such disciples should be honored and we should all learn to walk like them.