The Centurion’s Prayer
- Capernaum, Jesus’ hometown (Mt 4:23, 4:13, 8:14. Lk 7:2-5, Mt 11:23-24)
- Statement of Fact (Mt 8:6)
- My servant – (Mt 2:16, 17:14-21, Lk 7:7)
- Suffering terribly – (Mt 14:24, Rev 12:2)
- Is Jesus’ response a statement or a question? (Mt 8:7, 15:24-28)
- The Centurion’s reply
- Not worthy – (Mt 8:8)
- Declaration of Faith (Mt 8:8)
- Authority is the reason for his faith (Mt 8:9)
The relationship between Authority and Faith (Matt. 8:13)
- Faith is the belief that Jesus has the authority to heal, forgive sin, triumph over devil and spiritual forces of evil in heavenly places!
- So let me ask you Christian –
- Do you understand the authority of Jesus?
- Do you understand the boldness with which you can come before the father and make your requests – in accord with his will?
- Do you believe that Jesus has authority and that he has delegated that authority to you to implement his kingdom in this world via your prayers and powerful declarations?
- Do you believe that you are under some things, over others and have a legitimate right to ask for and expect the absurd?
Authority is the Key to understanding the Kingdom
- God wants his Kingdom here (Mt 6:9-11)
- Kingdom’s work on Authority
- All authority is given to Jesus (Eph 1:18-23)
- Jesus invests us with Authority to bring the kingdom – (Eph 2:4-6, Lk 10:19)
Authority is the Key to understanding the Kingdom answered Prayer
- We read this and think it is a story, but it is also a teaching on prayer.