The Song lyrics are included in the youtube post, or you can download this lyric sheet, by clicking on the link to the right: HICC Lyrics 3.29.20
Introduction (James 1:5, 3:17)
Daniel 2 – Nebuchadnezzar’s Dream
- The Chronology Problem (Dan 2:1)
- The Dream (Dan 2:1)
- Dreams in Bible
- God gave dreams to warn people in OT (Gen 20:3, 41:16-24)
- God gave dreams to foretell future (Judge 7:13-15, Gen 31:10)
- Dreams are promised to increase in last days (Joel 2:28, Acts 2:17-21)
- Nebuchadnezzar is troubled in Spirit and unable to sleep (Dan 2:5)
- Dreams in Bible
- The Request and Distrust of the King (Dan 2:9)
- The Need for Wisdom/discernment from God (Dan 2:10-11, 17-18, 27-28)
- The Prayer for Mercy-Discernment-Wisdom
- First, Notice that he prayed with others
- Second, Notice that his request is for ‘mercy’
- Third, we should understand the power of prayer (James 5:16, Mt 7:7)
Heavenly Wisdom (James 3:17)
- Is the course of action pure? Are your intentions godly, not selfish. Are they intended for God’s glory?
- Is it peaceable? Will it lead to greater dependence and trust in God? Will it increase anxiety or decrease it? Does it promote the kingdom?
- Is it gentle? Does is harm anyone? If so, is the harm compassionate and caring or inconsiderate and harsh?
- Is it open to reason? Are others able to challenge you without becoming defensive, angry…?
- Is it merciful? Does it serve others? Care for the needy?
- Will it result in good fruit in self and others? Are the fruits of the spirit born from this action or hindered (Gal 5:23-25)?
- Is it impartial? Are you able to separate yourself from the benefits and drawbacks? Or is there a vested interest of self-promotion in it or could be charged to it?
- Is it sincere? Is your heart honest with yourself?
Jesus is the fulfillment of heavenly wisdom.
The youtube link for the sermon is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAEBiYxQv6s