Due to technical issues the first 10 minutes are missing. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience.
A culture of Godly leadership begins with leaders of Godly Character, Competence and Conviction
(Matthew 5;3-12, 1&2 Corinthians, Hebrews 13:7)
3 Character Qualities of Godly Leaders – Poor in Spirit, Meek, Pure in Heart
- Godly leaders are poor in Spirit (Mt 5:3)
- No room for own strength, power, wisdom (Luke 18:10-12. Isa 66:2)
- Application: Godly leaders are people of prayer
- Godly leaders are meek (Mt 5:5)
- Gentle leader has every right to assert himself, but chooses not to (Mt 20:25-28)
- Application: Godly leaders lead by example, not by dictate.
- Godly leaders are pure in heart (Mt 5:8, Ps 23:3-4)
- This is about integrity in leadership.
- Application: Godly leaders cultivate consistency and integrity in their life.
3 Competencies of Godly Leaders– Righteousness, Mercy and Peacemaking
- Godly leaders are righteous (Mt 5:6)
- Righteousness is a proper relationship with God and men.
- Righteousness doesn’t allow for excusing or ignoring sinful behavior.
- Application: Godly leader will correct, rebuke, teach and train in righteousness.
- Godly leaders are merciful (Mt 5:7)
- Mercy is the easing of distress or pain.
- Involves a self-identification with the one in need of mercy.
- Application: Godly leaders will not be harsh but will seek the least aggressive form of justice, which will bring about repentance and protect the church.
- Godly leaders are peacemakers (Mt 5:9)
- Seek to restore the arguing to one another.
- Peacemaking is hard work and dangerous work
- Application: Godly leaders risk themselves for peace.
2 Convictions of Godly Leaders– of Sin and Standing firm in Christ
- Godly leaders mourn (Mt 5:4)
- They mourn their own sin (Lk 18:13, Rom 7:24)
- They mourn the sin of others (Acts 7:60, 2Cor 12:21, Ps 119:136)
- Godly leaders can take abuse and stand firm (Mt 5:10-11)
- Leadership is often misunderstood, ridiculed, abused.
- The Godly leader stands firm.
Godly leaders are rewarded (Mt 5:12)
A Church also needs godly followers if a culture of Leadership is to exist (Heb 13:17)
Christ is our example!