Ephesians 6;14b The Breastplate of Righteousness
- What is a breastplate for?
- What is righteousness?
- Righteousness is not the same as self-righteous (Phil 3:4-7)
- Righteousness is related to Faith (Rom 1:17)
- Appealing to Christ
- Christ the only Righteous one (Rom 3:10)
- Imputed Righteousness, i.e justification (Phil 3:8-9, 2Cor 5:21)
- Righteousness is also related to behavior (Eph 4:24, 1Tim 6:11, 2Tim 2:22)
- A righteous life is living in conformity with the law of God, love him first and loving our neighbor as ourselves.
- Rom 6:13, 6:16
- Phil 2:13
- Faith and love as a breastplate (1Th 5:8)
- Why do I need righteousness in the Spiritual Battle?
- Without Righteousness we are mortally vulnerable.
- Satan hates righteousness (Acts 13:10, Rom 13:12)
- Satan attacks us at our emotions, our will, our life center to discourage us and only the R of Christ imputed to us and the growth in R in our life will sustain us against the attack!