We warmly welcome all who have come to worship the Lord. May God’s Holy Spirit strengthen and encourage each of us.
Order of Worship
Opening Song: Lord Most High
Call to Worship: Psalm 62:6-8
Songs of Praise: Holy is the Lord; God is Great; A Mighty Fortress; Psalm 62
Offering: Benevolence Fund
Offering Song: What a Beautiful Name
Scripture: 1 Kings 19:19-21
Message: Embrace Your Calling and Your Companions
Song of Response: O How Good It Is
Song: Benediction (May the Peace of God)
— WELCOME! —
The offering this morning is for the Benevolence Fund. Please designate on the memo line of your check whether it is for this fund, or a different one. Cash offerings will be deposited into the Benevolence Fund.
— NEXT SUNDAY, AUGUST 6, 2017—
Pastor Scott will be continuing the series from 1Kings. The sermon is titled Repentance Stays the Judgment of God and is from 1Kings 21.
Greeters: Joe P, Helen B
Snacks: Ali L, Jen R
Serving Assistants: Caleb, Grace, Clara
Ushers: Deloris P, Elaine S
Prayer Room: Herm L
— PRAYERS —
- Each week we pray for members of our church family. Suggested prayers are for their spiritual growth, opportunities to see Christ in their everyday life, and anything else that God puts on your mind for them. This week please pray for:
- Doug & Jan S
- Joanne S
- Keith S
- Kyle S
- Phil & Jolene S
- Doug & Elaine S
- Please uphold former members and janitors, Jack & Elaine Faulkner, along with their daughters Geneva & Alana, in your prayers as they mourn the untimely passing of their son & brother, Jacob Faulkner this past Sunday. The funeral will be Tuesday, August 8 at 11:00, at Christ The King Church in Bellingham. Their address is 6068 Meadow Crescent St, Ferndale, WA 98248 if you’d like to send the family a card.
- For over 60 years, Open Doors has worked in the world’s most oppressive countries, empowering Christians who are persecuted for their beliefs. Open Doors equips persecuted Christians in more than 60 countries through programs like Bible & Gospel Development, Women & Children Advancement and Christian Community Restoration. The World Watch List lists 50 countries by level of Christian persecution from extreme (North Korea is #1) to high (Colombia is #50). This week, please pray for:
- Bhutan #30 – Pray for Christians who are cut off from water supplies.
- Malaysia at #31 -Pray for new believers who are kicked out of their homes or sent to Islamic reeducation camps. For more information, go to opendoorsusa.org.
The congregation of Hope in Christ Church has made the Spirit-filled decision to move forward and become a healthy missional church. This week’s Missional Marker is:
Compelling Christian community (Acts 1:42-47)
- We understand that our love for one another is a powerful testimony to the deity of Jesus.
- We love each other as we are, not as we should be.
- We share life together beyond the worship service.
— SERVE —
The Home mission / Office remodel date has been set for this week. We would love volunteers to help with the demo, construction, painting, moving etc. as a home mission project. More information about the plan and a signup sheet is available in the foyer. Deacons will be still collecting donations towards our goal of $5000.00 for the project.
— EVENTS —
Join the Strategic Ministry Planning Team at a church potluck today after the worship service! We would love to share some of the ideas we have been working on and present three mission statements for your input.
- Knowing, living and proclaiming Jesus Christ
- Glorifying God by enjoying Him and proclaiming our hope in Christ
- Glorifying God by knowing, living and proclaiming Jesus Christ (our hope in Christ)
Your input is appreciated and we hope to have a time of idea-sharing during the potluck.
Mark your calendars! Come join us in celebrating the Reckers’ 50th anniversary on Sunday, August 27th. We will have a potluck lunch followed by games, fellowship, cake and ice cream….and brownies, of course!