Glorifying God by Knowing, Living and Proclaiming our Hope in Christ
Welcome to Hope in Christ Church! We are so glad you have joined us today. After the service, we invite you to stay for refreshments and fellowship.
Order of Worship
Joyful, Joyful, We Adore Thee
Call to Worship: Psalm 100
I Lift My Eyes Up
We Bring the Sacrifice of Praise
I Will Enter His Gates (He Has Made Me Glad)
Better is One Day
Offering: Kingdom Advancement Fund
Back to God Ministries video
Scripture: Psalm 126
Message: The Reason for Joy
Blessed Be Your Name
The Trees of the Field
Bible Reading for this Week
Please spend time reading through Psalms 28-40 in preparation for the next sermon on Sunday, July 1st.
Each week we pray for members of our church family. Suggested prayers are for their spiritual growth, opportunities to see Christ in their everyday lives, and anything else that God puts on your mind for them. This week please pray for:
- Keith S
- Phil & Jolene: Maggie, Clara, Alice
- Kyle S
- Karen S
- Don & Elaine S
Pray for our County:
- Pray for our city/county planners and attorneys to have supernatural wisdom and creative solutions to accommodate for growth in our county and cities, that there would be harmony and peace in the collaborative discussions.
- Pray for stability in the Whatcom county prosecutor’s office – since the elected prosecutor announced his retirement at the end of the year, there has been uncertainty and many vacated positions. Pray that the next elected prosecutor will be one who is seeking God’s face and that all the vacancies throughout the office are filled with Kingdom minded believers.
- The City of Bellingham has asked churches for help with the homeless. Pray that churches would have wisdom to show care and dignity without enabling.
Pray for our World:
(World Renew) Bangladesh—Since 2016, millions of people in Bangladesh have been displaced due to natural disasters. Changing weather has made for difficult adjustments for those living in poverty in the region. In addition, Rohingya refugees are at risk from the approaching monsoon and cyclone season. Pray for protection and resources for struggling families in Bangladesh.
The congregation of Hope in Christ Church has made the Spirit-filled decision to move forward and become a healthy missional church. This week’s Missional Marker is:
Intentional Evangelism (Matthew 28:18-20)
- We are burdened for the spiritual condition of those who do not yet know Christ.
- We have identifiable pathways for evangelism to take place in our ministries.
- Our people are equipped and growing in their ability to build spiritual friendships and know how to share their faith as God-‐birthed opportunities arise.
Family Promise: There will be a short Family Promise Volunteer meeting after the morning service today. You will have an opportunity to sign up for specific volunteer slots for our upcoming week of service at First Christian Church.
Camping Trip: A group from Hope in Christ will be camping at Birch Bay State Park July 5-8, near site 156. If you would like to join in, please ask Jenn B for more details.
Heartbeat Newsletter: The July issue of The Heartbeat is available in the foyer. You may also find it online by clicking the “bulletin/news” tab at hopeinchristchurch.org .
Night of Worship and Encounter: Encounter God and be transformed at the Mountaintop Experience on July 6 at 7 p.m. at the Light of the World Prayer Center, 714 E. Sunset Drive, Bellingham. Tre Sheppard, a pastor in Northern Ireland and award-winning music producer, is the guest speaker. The event is sponsored by the center and Youth With A Mission (YWAM) North Cascades in Lynden. For more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Double Donation for Refugee Relief: Hundreds of thousands of people struggle to survive in the Rohingya refugee camp near Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh. World Renew plans to provide relief in the form of community kitchens and cook stoves, and your help is needed. Please donate $7 or more via the CRC partner One Day’s Wages by July 3 to have your donation matched 1:1 for this critical emergency response. To give, visit onedayswages.com/worldrenew.
SERVANTS NEXT SUNDAY, July 1, 2018
- Greeters: Deloris, Denise
- Cookies: Lorraine B, Lisa D, Faye H
- Serving Assistants: Michal, AnaMaria, Grace
- Ushers: Elaine S, Len V
- Foyer Monitor: Len V
- Prayer Room: Terry V
This Week at Hope in Christ Church
8:15am Prayer upstairs, all are welcome
9:30am Worship Service
4:30pm Roberts Small Group
MONDAY (Office Closed)
TUESDAY (Office Hours: 8:30-3:00)
6:30pm Boer’s Bible Study
WEDNESDAY (Office Hours: 8:30-3:00)
10:00am Men’s Fellowship – Over Easy Restaurant
11:00am Recker Cleaning Crew
THURSDAY (Office Hours: 8:30-3:00)
6:30am Men’s Support Group – Herm
1:00pm Bulletin Deadline
7:00pm Praise Team Practice- Melissa K
FRIDAY (Office Hours: 8:30-3:00)
SATURDAY (Office Closed)