Glorifying God by Knowing, Living and Proclaiming our Hope in Christ
September 2, 2018
The Lord’s Supper, which we celebrate today, is a way for the Christian to remember the sacrifice of Christ. If you have not yet believed in Christ as Savior, we invite you to watch and learn. We are glad you are here! If you have questions about Jesus, please see Pastor Scott after the worship service.
Order of Worship
Come People of the Risen King
Call to Worship Psalm 139
You Alone Can Rescue
Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing
Heidelberg Question 60
Offering Kingdom Advancement Fund
Scripture Hosea 1-2:1 and 14:4-9
Message Hosea and the Marriage Covenant
Jesus Paid it All
Bible Reading for this Week
Enclosed is a paper with questions for you to consider as you read through Chapter 22 of The Story this week. Pastor Don Recker will be preaching next Sunday, Sep 9th based on scriptures found in Chapter 22, with special emphasis on Luke 1:26-33. Please bring the insert with you next week for reference during Sunday School discussion. If you do not have a copy of The Story, please let Pastor Scott or an elder know today.
Each week we pray for members of our church family. Suggested prayers are for their spiritual growth, opportunities to see Christ in their everyday lives, and anything else that God puts on your mind for them. This week please pray for:
- Lou & Evelyn K
- Herm & Ali L
- Linda M
- Don N
- Dan & Tanya O: Amber, Chantel, Micah
Upcoming Elections, from Pastor Hubbard at LOWPC:
- Heavenly Father, today we lift before You the upcoming elections. We pray that people will become well informed on how candidates stand on the issues and will seriously seek You in how they vote.
- We ask that voters would not put economics or politics above godly and biblical foundations.
- Lord, we pray for Your Spirit to fill the voting booths and guide people as they vote.
- We ask that Washingtonians and all Americans would follow Your guidance, not just political parties.
- Lord, please watch over the integrity of the voting system; protect the casting and counting of every ballot.
- By Your Holy Spirit, awaken huge numbers of godly people who will turn out to vote.
- Most of all, Lord, give us godly leaders of integrity who will govern in wisdom and righteousness.
(Ballots will be mailed on Sep 21 for military and overseas voters; the rest will be mailed on Oct. 17 and ballot processing will begin for the Nov. 6 election.)
The congregation of Hope in Christ Church has made the Spirit-filled decision to move forward and become a healthy missional church. This week’s Missional Marker is: Intentional evangelism (Matthew 28:18-20)
- We are burdened for the spiritual condition of those who do not yet know Christ.
- We have identifiable pathways for evangelism to take place in our ministries.
- Our people are equipped and growing in their ability to build spiritual friendships and know how to share their faith as God-‐birthed opportunities arise.
Day-After-Thanksgiving Dinner at the Lighthouse Mission: If you’d like to join in on the fun of serving the dinner with your fellow HiC-ers, please let Scott Emory know BY SUNDAY, SEPT 30TH AT THE LATEST. Thank you!
Save the Date: The Vitality team is excited to announce that Tena Crosby will be returning to Hope in Christ Church on October 5 and 6. Tena will continue her presentation on Communication Muscles. More details to follow over the next few weeks.
Women’s Bible Study: The Wednesday morning Women’s Bible Study will resume on September 26th at 9:45am in the foyer.
Bed Race to End Family Homelessness: Sep 30, 2:00-4:00pm. A fun event raising awareness and funds for a serious need, this competition involves teams building and renovating something into a bed that can be pushed on a race course. Companies/congregations/individuals can sponsor beds for the race, costumes and themes are part of the fun. Teams of 5 (4 pushers and 1 rider) will race head to head against other “Beds on Wheels” for bragging rights and prizes around a U-shaped track. Awards will be offered in several categories as well as for most funds raised. On race day there is a parade of beds before the event. Winners get trophies and bragging rights! All entries must be received by September 23. Please contact Konrad Kocsis at: email@example.com for more info, or see the website at www.familypromisebedrace.com
September Heartbeat Newsletter: The September edition of “The Heartbeat” is available online, or printed copies may be found in the foyer.
SERVANTS NEXT SUNDAY: September 9, 2018
- Greeters: Pat & Del B
- Cookies: Ruth S, Donna V
- Serving Assistants: Abee, Grace, Amariah
- Ushers: Bud B, Joe P (foyer)
- Prayer Room: Terry V
- Children’s Sunday School Hour Leaders: Aaron, Darlys, Tena, Diane, Kylie
This Week at Hope in Christ Church
ALL WEEK: Family Promise Volunteers Serving
8:15am Prayer upstairs, all are welcome
9:30am Worship Service
MONDAY (Office Closed)
TUESDAY (Office Hours: 8:30-3:00)
“Classical Conversations” group on campus
WEDNESDAY (Office Hours: 8:30-3:00)
11:00am Recker Cleaning Crew
7:00pm Elders, Deacons Meetings
THURSDAY (Office Hours: 8:30-3:00)
6:30am Men’s Support Group – Herm L
1:00pm Bulletin Deadline
7:00pm Praise Team Practice- Melissa K
FRIDAY (Office Hours: 8:30-3:00)
SATURDAY (Office Closed)