Glorifying God by Knowing, Living and Proclaiming our Hope in Christ
Welcome to Hope in Christ Church! We are so glad you have joined us today. After the service, we invite you to stay for refreshments and fellowship, followed by Sunday School at 11:00. There are various small groups that meet during the week as well. You are welcome to visit and find one that is right for you!
Order of Worship
Shout to the North
Welcome & Call to Worship Galatians 1:3-5
Responsive Reading Apostles’ Creed
Let It Be Said of Us
As It Is In Heaven
Offering Kingdom Advancement
Speak O Lord
Reflections on “The Story” David R
Scripture Acts 7:58; 8:1-3; 9:1-22
Message The Expanding Kingdom
Let Your Kingdom Come
Song for the Nations
GUEST SPEAKER NEXT SUNDAY
There will be a guest speaker from ICR (International Christian Response), with a message regarding the persecuted church next Sunday, November 4th during the worship service and adult Sunday school time. Children will be practicing for their Christmas program during the Sunday school hour. Reading of The Story will resume the following week.
Each week we pray for members of our church family. Suggested prayers are for their spiritual growth, opportunities to see Christ in their everyday lives, and anything else that God puts on your mind for them. This week please pray for:
- Michael & Jennifer B: Nathan, Evan
- Del & Pat B
- Alice B
- Yvonne B
- Tricia & Mairi B
- Bill B
Pray for The Table CRC Church in Bellingham:
- For a leader to help direct their children’s ministry to neighborhood and “church” kids
- For their fall series, “The Way Ahead: The Liberating Practices of Faith.”
- For God’s provision as they serve the un-churched families in our neighborhood
- That the kingdom of God would grow in Bellingham
Pray for CRC’s “Resonate” Campus Ministries: As we reflect on Reformation Day this week, we consider all who are engaged in learning and sharing new ideas. Pray that the many campus ministries supported by Resonate throughout North America will be able to engage first-year students. Pray that these young adults will find their identity in Christ and that they will engage a community in which they can build healthy relationships and be discipled in their faith.
Pray for ICR (International Christian Response) requests for North Africa:
- Pray that God will continue to bring more and more people to Christ, despite the costs.
- Pray that the governments of North Africa would develop a more open posture to people of faiths outside of Islam.
- Ask God to raise up godly national leaders in North Africa; and that current believers will grow in their knowledge of Christ.
Pray for the ICR ActsNow conference in Edmonds on Saturday, and that God would open the eyes of believers to global persecution. If you would like to attend the conference, find the link to register at christianresponse.org/event/actsnow-seattle.
The congregation of Hope in Christ Church has made the Spirit-filled decision to move forward and become a healthy missional church. This week’s Missional Marker is:
Centrality of the Word of God (2 Timothy 3:16)
- We believe that the Bible is the only perfect rule for faith, doctrine and conduct.
- Our preaching and teaching in all settings reflects careful preparation, relevance, and creativity.
- Our people are equipped and growing in their ability to study and apply Biblical truth in ways that lead to a scripturally integrated life.
SUNDAY SCHOOL MEMORY VERSES
Wonder Class— Numbers 6:24-26 Dive Class— Psalm 23 Marvel Class— Matthew 7:7-8
Senti Family Music Concert: Enjoy a night of original music performed by the Senti family on Nov. 3 at 7 p.m. at the My Church sanctuary, 3218 Fielding Ave., Bellingham. Admission is free with a love offering taken for the work of Envision Mission. For more information, e-mail email@example.com.
“Believe” book order: The study of “The Story” is almost finished, so it is time to sign-up for a copy of “Believe,” which will be the next book that we read together. Please add your name (and the version of the book that you would like to have) to the sign-up list in the foyer.
Proposed Budget: Copies of the budget are available in the foyer. There will be a congregational meeting on Nov. 18th, during which the budget will be presented and a vote taken.
2018 Holiday Craft and Vendor Fair: Mark your calendar for Hope in Christ’s annual Holiday Craft and Vendor Fair on November 16 and 17. Friday hours are 4-8 and Saturday from 9-5. Make a dent in your Christmas shopping with beautiful hand-made goods of all sorts and great products from a variety of vendors. Chili and hot dogs, along with coffee, hot cider, and cookies will be available.
If you are able to donate items for the bake sale and/or are willing to work at the sale for a few hours, please sign up in the foyer or contact Ruth Stadt. Tables are still available if you have items you would like to sell. Contact Marjie in the church office to reserve a table or pick up a form during office hours.
SERVANTS NEXT SUNDAY: NOVEMBER 4, 2018
- Greeters: Herm & Ali L
- Cookies: Tanya O, Lisa O
- Serving Assistants: AnaMaria, Mattea, Micah
- Ushers: Helen B, Len V (foyer monitor)
- Prayer Room: Lou K
- Sunday School: Christmas Program Practice with Mrs. Button