Glorifying God by Knowing, Living and Proclaiming our Hope in Christ
November 11, 2018 Worship Service 9:30 a.m.
Welcome to Hope in Christ Church! We are so glad you have joined us today.
After the service, we invite you to stay for refreshments and fellowship, followed by Sunday School at 11:00. There are various small groups that meet during the week as well. You are welcome to visit and find one that is right for you!
Order of Worship
How High and How Wide
Welcome & Greeting Ephesians 3:17-19
Open the Eyes of My Heart
May the Mind of Christ My Savior
Litany Isaiah 42:1-9
Jesus With Your Church Abide
Offering Kingdom Advancement Fund
Lord, Speak to Me that I May Speak
Reflection on The Story Don K
Sermon Nathaniel Thompson
I Love to Tell the Story
Let It Be Said Of Us
“Believe” book order: The study of “The Story” is almost finished, so it is time to sign-up for a copy of “Believe,” which will be the next book that we read together. Please add your name to the sign-up list by the stairs in the foyer.
Proposed Budget: There will be a congregational meeting next Sunday, Nov. 18th, during which the budget will be presented and a vote taken. Please help yourself to a copy of the budget and agenda that are available in the foyer.
2018 Holiday Craft and Vendor Fair: Mark your calendar for Hope in Christ’s annual Holiday Craft and Vendor Fair on November 16 and 17. Friday hours are 4-8 and Saturday from 9-5. Make a dent in your Christmas shopping with beautiful hand-made goods of all sorts and great products from a variety of vendors. Chili and hot dogs, along with coffee, hot cider, and cookies will be available Tables are still available if you have items you would like to sell. Contact Marjie in the church office to reserve a table or pick up a form during office hours. If you are able to donate items for the bake sale and/or are willing to work at the sale for a few hours, please sign up in the foyer, or contact Ruth Stadt. Your willingness to contribute is deeply appreciated.
Christmas Program Candy: The Sunday School Christmas program is approaching, and Diane would like to prepare treat bags for the children and young adults to receive. Would you be willing to donate some candy for them? There will be 40 bags assembled. Please place the donations in the church office by December 1st.
Thanksgiving Offering: For our Thanksgiving offering this year, the deacons will be collecting non-perishable food items. There will also be a basket in the back of church if you wish to give a monetary donation for the Bellingham Food Bank.
Bible Reading for this Week
Please read through Chapter 31 of The Story this week. Pastor Scott’s sermon next Sunday will be based on scriptures found in Chapter 31, “The End of Time.” If you do not have a copy of The Story, please let Pastor Scott know today.
Each week we pray for members of our church family. Suggested prayers are for their spiritual growth, opportunities to see Christ in their everyday lives, and anything else that God puts on your mind for them. This week please pray for:
- Jessie F
- Dave & Lisa D
- Paulino & Georgi E
- Karen F
- Scott E
- Denise D
Pray for Love INC Staff and Volunteers:
- Prayers for a young man and his family; as he continues to fight cancer. The word cancer has come up a lot lately and it has had quite and impact on many clients’ lives and the lives of some of our staff as well (prayers for friends and family members going through health/relationship issues).
- Continued health of our staff and volunteers; protection from the enemy. Prayer of discernment with those in need and healthy boundaries. Also, that our staff/volunteers may remember self-care (when caring for others we may forget to also care for ourselves).
- Prayers for discernment and resources for four DVSAS cases (domestic violence), where the clients are seeking resources for long distance escapes. These are very difficult situations and even harder to discern the magnitude of help-resources that may be given.
- We have so many clients who are isolated disabled and/or isolated elderly. We ask for continued prayer in connecting these clients with volunteers.
- It has been a challenge to find resources for multiple clients who are disabled and moving. Though it would seem that resources would be available for individuals, we have found that Whatcom County is limited in this area of need.
The congregation of Hope in Christ Church has made the Spirit-filled decision to move forward and become a healthy missional church. This week’s Missional Marker is: Intentional evangelism (Matthew 28:18-20)
- We are burdened for the spiritual condition of those who do not yet know Christ.
- We have identifiable pathways for evangelism to take place in our ministries.
- Our people are equipped and growing in their ability to build spiritual friendships and know how to share their faith as God-‐birthed opportunities arise.
Sunday School Memory Verses
Wonder Class— Numbers 6:24-26 Dive Class— Psalm 23 Marvel Class— Matthew 7:7-8
SERVANTS NEXT SUNDAY: November 18, 2018
- Greeters: Don & Elaine S
- Cookies: Darlys R, Ida R
- Serving Assistants: Zeke, Abee, Amariah
- Ushers: Lou K, Bud (foyer monitor)
- Prayer Room: Del B
This Week at Hope in Christ Church
8:15 a.m. Prayer upstairs, all are welcome
9:30 a.m. Worship Service
11:00 a.m. Sunday School
4:30 p.m. Roberts Small Group
4:30 p.m. Jesus Gathering
7:00 p.m. Laninga Small Group (in home)
MONDAY (Office Closed)
7:00 p.m. Friendship Class
TUESDAY (Office Hours: 8:30-3:00)
6:00 p.m. Boer Small Group (in home)
WEDNESDAY (Office Hours: 8:30-3:00)
9:45 a.m. Women’s Bible Study
11:00 a.m. Recker Cleaning Crew
7:00 p.m. Council Meeting
THURSDAY (Office Hours: 8:30-3:00)
6:30 a.m. Men’s Support Group
1:00 p.m. Bulletin Deadline
7:00 p.m. Men’s Bible Study
7:00 p.m. Praise Team Practice
4:00 p.m. –7:00 p.m. Craft & Vendor Fair Set-up
FRIDAY (Office Hours: 8:30-3:00)
2:00 p.m.—4:00 p.m. Craft & Vendor Fair Set-up
4:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m. Craft and Vendor Fair Open
SATURDAY (Office Closed)
9:00 a.m.—5:00 p.m. Craft & Vendor Fair Open