Welcome to Hope in Christ Church! We are so glad you have joined us today. After the service, we invite you to stay for refreshments and fellowship, followed by Sunday School at 11:00. There are various small groups that meet during the week as well. You are welcome to visit and find one that is right for you!
Hope in Christ Church
Glorifying God by Knowing, Living and Proclaiming our Hope in Christ
January 27, 2019 9:30 a.m Worship Service
Order of Worship
Awake My Soul
Key Verse 2 Timothy 3:16-17
Word of God Speak
Be Thou My Vision
Litany Ten Commandments
Offering Kingdom Advancement Fund
Reflections on “Believe” Len V
Scripture Hebrews 1:1-2 and 2 Timothy 3:12-17
Message The Bible Reveals God & His Will For Our Lives
Speak O Lord
Fernando Ortega Concert: A benefit concert featuring three-time Dove Award winning artist, Fernando Ortega will take place on Friday, February 22nd at 7:00 p.m. at Cornwall Church. Tickets are available at FenandoOrtega.com. Proceeds from ticket sales and an offering taken that evening will go to 4 ministries in our community. These are the Whatcom Pregnancy Clinic, New Way Ministries, Skookum Kids and Engedi Refuge. There is a $10 early bird ticket discount until Jan. 31st.
Have you been heard? As a Christian Reformed Church denomination, we are on a journey of God’s work together. As with any journey, it is essential that as we travel we listen to each other and map our progress. With this in mind, our congregation is participating in the 2019 CRC denominational survey. It is crucial that as many people from our congregation as possible participate. Please visit crcna.org/survey and answer the survey questions by February 28. If you prefer to have a paper copy, they are available in the office.
Meeting to discuss boys group: Any men who are interested in discussing what a young men/boys group might look like, please come to the Richards house on Thursday, Feb. 7 at 7:00 p.m.
Soup and Chili for the Shelter: Fountain Community Church thanks all who have donated chili to help feed the women staying at the cold weather shelter. They have been feeding and hosting an average of 35 women every night in Dec. and Jan. February is our final month to assist, and we need volunteers to supply either chili or soup on Wednesdays. Please sign up on the poster in the foyer. Fountain Community Church is asking for the recipes for the chili and/or soup from those who have contributed.
Bible Reading for this Week
Read through chapter 5 of Believe this week as you ponder the following questions:
- What in this chapter spoke to me the most? Was there something I saw in a new light?
- What in this chapter draws me to live more fully for Christ?
- Is there something that I would want to share from my heart with someone who may not know Jesus as their Savior?
Each week we pray for members of our church family. Suggested prayers are for their spiritual growth, opportunities to see Christ in their everyday lives, and anything else that God puts on your mind for them. This week please pray for:
- Helen B
- Alice B
- Tricia B
- Mairi B
- Bill B
- Bud & Lorraine B
- Yvonne B
Pray for Love INC staff and volunteers in the Clearing House:
- For on-going protection, spiritually, physically and mentally; continued health for all our staff, board, volunteers and their families.
- That donations will continue to be made to Habitat for Humanity. These donations allow Love INC. to continue disbursing furniture vouchers to families in need.
- For a Wednesday volunteer in the Call Center and the Board Member positions may be filled.
The congregation of Hope in Christ Church has made the Spirit-filled decision to move forward and become a healthy missional church. This week’s Missional Marker is: Transforming communities through active compassion, mercy and justice ministries (Micah 6:8)
- We are burdened for the hurting people in our community and beyond.
- We have identifiable pathways for compassion, mercy and justice ministries to take place.
- Our people are equipped and growing in their ability to see and address the hurts and the causes of hurt in our community and beyond.
Sunday School Memory Verses
- Wonder: Isaiah. 41:10
- Marvel: Isaiah. 40:29-31
- Dive: Matthew 22:37-40 & Bonus- Exodus 20:1-17
SERVANTS NEXT SUNDAY: February 3, 2019
- Prayer Room: Denise D
- Ushers: Bud B, Don K
- Greeters: Helen B, Deloris P
- Cookies: Mona R, Darlys R
- Serving Assistants: AnaMaria, Chantel, Caleb
- Children’s Leaders: Elaine, Darlys, Aaron, Marjie, Zeke, Terry VW (observer)
This Week at Hope in Christ Church
8:15 a.m. Prayer upstairs, all are welcome
9:30 a.m. Worship Service
11:00 a.m. Sunday School
4:30 p.m. Roberts Small Group
7:00 p.m. Laninga Small Group (in home)
MONDAY (Office Closed)
7:00 p.m. Friendship Class
TUESDAY (Office Hours: 8:30-3:00)
WEDNESDAY (Office Hours: 8:30-3:00)
9:45 a.m. Women’s Bible Study
11:00 a.m. Recker Cleaning Crew
THURSDAY (Office Hours: 8:30-3:00)
6:30 a.m. Men’s Support Group
7:00 p.m. Men’s Bible Study
7:00 p.m. Praise Team Practice
FRIDAY (Office Hours: 8:30-3:00)
SATURDAY (Office Closed)