Glorifying God by Knowing, Living and Proclaiming our Hope in Christ
9:30 a.m. Worship Service
11:00 a.m. Sunday School
March 17, 2019
Welcome to Hope in Christ Church! We are so glad you have joined us today.
After the service, we invite you to stay for refreshments and fellowship, followed by Sunday School at 11:00. There are various small groups that meet during the week as well. You are welcome to visit and find one that is right for you!
Order of Worship
Joyful, Joyful We Adore Thee
Welcome & Greeting
Responsive Reading Psalm 95
This is Amazing Grace
Build My Life
Offering Outreach Fund
Come, Let Us Worship and Bow Down
Reflections on “Believe” Barb Z
Scripture Psalm 95
Message The Joy of Worship
Jesus This Is You
Who You Say I Am
Each week we pray for members of our church family. Suggested prayers are for their spiritual growth, opportunities to see Christ in their everyday lives, and anything else that God puts on your mind for them. This week please pray for:
- Debra R
- Mona R
- Don & Darlys R
- David & Ida R
- Ron & Christiane R
- Doug & Jan S
Pray for our community:
- Please pray for a decrease in drug use and addiction in Whatcom County and for an increase in healthy lifestyles.
- Pray for our local and state governments to collaborate with business leaders to find solutions to the problems plaguing our community.
- Pray for an increase of Christian volunteers to work with local non-profit organizations to serve the broken, poor, and needy (e.g. the Lighthouse Mission, Love INC, Skookum Kids, Rebound, Engedi Refuge, etc).
These are some of the requests that Love INC has shared:
- The need for furniture in our community continues to out-weigh resources available. We pray for continued donations to Habitat for Humanity on behalf of Love INC.; thus, we may continue to provide vouchers to families in need through this ministry.
- Prayers for a Wednesday volunteer in the call center and additional members for the Board of Directors.
- Housing continues to be of great need in Whatcom County, especially as winter arrived, pray for housing for those who are in need, through this extreme housing shortage.
The congregation of Hope in Christ Church has made the Spirit-filled decision to move forward and become a healthy missional church. This week’s Missional Marker is: Centrality of the Word of God (2Timothy 3:16)
- We believe that the Bible is the only perfect rule for faith, doctrine and conduct.
- Our preaching and teaching in all settings reflects careful preparation, relevance, and creativity.
- Our people are equipped and growing in their ability to study and apply Biblical truth in ways that lead to a scripturally integrated life.
SUNDAY SCHOOL MEMORY VERSES
- Wonder: Deuteronomy 10:12-13
- Marvel: Matthew 6:20-21
- Dive: 1 Corinthians 13:1-6
Church Family, Greetings from the Holy Land, Israel! I can’t begin to tell you the things that we have experienced so far in Israel. The weather is beautiful; lots of walking. One day we did 14 miles. The different sights that we have seen: that some people still live in Old Testament times; seeing Old Testament rituals; and walking where Jesus has walked. It has been an eye-opener. God is good! The Bible has come to life. See you soon! Shalom, Ruth.
Mark your Calendar for the Church Potluck on March 31: Hospitality Team thought it might be fun to try different themes and has selected a Mexican theme for this month. Look for suggestions about what you might bring in the next bulletin, on March 24th. Everyone is invited to join us for lunch on the 31st!
Movie Night, April 5th: You are invited to come to church on Saturday, April 5th at 7:00 p.m. to watch the movie, The Pilgrim’s Progress: The Journey Begins. The epic tale of a pilgrim and his burden, based on John Bunyan’s Masterpiece, is a new, feature length, animated movie! In this exciting film event we will join Christian on his epic journey from the City of Destruction to the Celestial City as the ultimate enemy tries everything in his power to distract him from his journey. Everyone is welcome to come to movie night, and to bring friends too! Popcorn and M&Ms will be provided. A freewill offering will be taken to help cover the cost of the film.
Concert to Benefit Lighthouse Mission: The King’s Men of Song will perform next Sunday, March 24, at 3 p.m. at First Presbyterian Church, 1031 N. Garden St., Bellingham. The concert is free, and a love offering will be taken at the end to support the Lighthouse Mission’s programs.
SERVANTS NEXT SUNDAY: MARCH 24, 2019
- Greeters: Del & Pat B
- Cookies: Donna V, Jenn B
- Serving Assistants: Micah, Faith, Amariah
- Ushers: Helen B, Lou K
- Foyer Monitor: Lou K
- Prayer Room: Chuck D
- Sunday School: Aaron, Darlys, Diane, Jen R., Kylie, Rockelle (observer)
This Week at Hope in Christ Church
8:15 a.m. Prayer upstairs, all are welcome
9:30 a.m. Worship Service
11:00 a.m. Sunday School
MONDAY (Office Hours 8:30-3:00)
6:00 p.m. GEMS
TUESDAY (Office Hours: 8:30-3:00)
WEDNESDAY (Office Hours: 8:30-3:00)
9:45 a.m. Women’s Bible Study
11:00 a.m. Recker Cleaning Crew
THURSDAY (Office Hours: 8:30-3:00)
6:30am Men’s Support Group
1:00 p m. Bulletin Deadline
7:00 p.m. Men’s Bible Study
7:00 p.m. Praise Team Practice
FRIDAY (Office Hours: 8:30-3:00)
SATURDAY (Office Closed)