GLORIFYING GOD BY KNOWING, LIVING AND PROCLAIMING OUR HOPE IN CHRIST
9:30 a.m. Worship
July 14, 2019
Welcome to Hope in Christ Church! We are so glad you have joined us today. After the service, we invite you to stay for refreshments and fellowship. There are various small groups that meet during the week as well. You are welcome to visit and find one that is right for you!
Order of Worship
Lord Most High
Call to Worship Jude 1 & 2
Lord, Speak to Me, That I May Speak
I Sought the Lord, and Afterward I Knew
Come to the Savior Now
Litany Isaiah 41 & Ephesians 5
Jesus, All for Jesus
Offering Kingdom Advancement Fund
Speak, O Lord
Prayer for our People
Scripture 1 Samuel 3:1-21
Sermon God Speaks and Stuff Happens
Here I Am, Lord
Because of You
Bible Reading for this Week
Pastor Scott’s Sermon for July 21st is titled, “Falsely Accused.” The main scripture passage will be Psalm 4.
Each week we pray for members of our church family: Suggested prayers are for their spiritual growth, opportunities to see Christ in their everyday lives, and anything else that God puts on your mind for them. This week please pray for:
- Aaron & Megan S: Isaac, Thaddeus, Miriam
- Don & Tena V
- Ken & Elaine W
- Joe & Barb Z
- Clair & Hildred A
Pray for Christians in Iran: On May 9th, agents from the Ministry of Intelligence (MOIS) had raided Tabriz Evangelical Church, a national heritage site. They changed the locks, tore down the cross from the church tower, installed monitoring equipment and ordered the church warden to leave. The confiscation and desecration of Tabriz Evangelical Church was questioned and protested both nationally and internationally. Local Christians were encouraged on July 9th to see workmen replacing the cross on the church tower. An Iranian church leader commented that this is a great event, but the congregation still needs to receive back the keys and have permission to worship freely. (christianresponse.org)
Iranian Christians are thankful for widespread support and that the cross has been restored to the church tower, but request prayer that:
- the evangelical community in Tabriz will receive back the keys to the building and be able to worship freely in the church.
- Christians in every city in Iran, of all ethnicities, creeds and language groups, including converts from Islam, will have the freedom to practice their religion.
- the Iranian regime will be increasingly responsive to national and international calls for the protection of religious minorities and their property.
The congregation of Hope in Christ Church has made the Spirit-filled decision to move forward and become a healthy missional church. This week’s Missional Marker is: Sacrificial and Generous Living And Giving (Romans 12:1-8)
- We help people discover, develop, and deploy their spiritual gifts.
- We regularly, graciously, and unapologetically teach on the importance of financial stewardship in the spiritual growth of the Christian.
- We have many examples of lifestyle choices being made on the basis of stewardship and the priority God plays in the lives of our members.
Help with Homeless Project: Project Homeless Connect is looking for volunteers to help with a one-day event for people experiencing homelessness in Whatcom County. You can help with set-up on July 18 or help with the event itself on July 19 at Bellingham High School. For more information, contact Summer Starr at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Opportunity Council at (360) 734-5121, ext. 212.
Petition Available for Your Review: There is a petition in the foyer for Initiative 1004 concerning abortion services for minors. Please review it and sign if you are so led.
Creative Youth Theater Performances: The second week of play practice will be happening in the worship center this week. Performances with the older children will be Thursday, July 18th and Friday, July 19th at 7 p.m. and July 20th at 1 p.m. The younger kids’ play is on Friday at 6:30 p.m. and at 11 a.m. on Saturday. Tickets are $8 for adults, and $4 for children ages 6 and older. (Children under 6 are not admitted.) Theater director, Christie Miller, is offering $1 off your ticket price if you bring this bulletin along with you. The shows include, “Villains, Villains, Too Many Villains” (with Amariah R) and “Dude Ranch For Sale (Cow Pies Included)” which includes a performance from our very own Mattea and Michal!
SERVANTS NEXT SUNDAY: JULY 21st
- Ushers: Ken W, Bud B
- Cookies: Jennifer B, Pat B
- Greeters: Don & Tena V
- Prayer Room: Ida R
- Serving Assistants: Brenna, Amber, Caleb
This Week at Hope in Christ Church
- 8:15 a.m. Prayer upstairs, all are welcome
- 9:30 a.m. Worship Service
- 4:30 p.m. Jesus Gathering
- 4:30 p.m. Roberts Small Group
MONDAY (Office Closed)
TUESDAY (Office Hours: 8:30-3:00)
WEDNESDAY (Office Hours: 8:30-3:00)
- 11:00 a.m. Recker Cleaning Crew
- 7:00 p.m. Worship Planning Team
THURSDAY (Office Hours: 8:30-3:00)
- 6:30 a.m. Men’s Support Group – Herm (360-733-1415
- 12:00 p.m. Bulletin Deadline
- 7:00 p.m. Youth Theater Performance
FRIDAY (Office Hours: 8:30-3:00)
SATURDAY (Office Closed)