Glorifying God by Knowing,
Living and Proclaiming
our Hope in Christ
Worship Service 9:30 a.m.
Welcome to Hope in Christ Church! We are so glad you have joined us today. After the service, we invite you to stay for refreshments and fellowship. There are various small groups that meet during the week.You are welcome to visit and find one that is right for you!
Order of Worship
Holy, Holy, Holy
Call to Worship
Holy, Holy, Holy
Only a Holy God
Welcome & Greeting
Responsive Reading From Ephesians 1:3-10
The First Place
Great is Thy Faithfulness
Offering Kingdom Advancement Fund
My Worth is Not in What I Own
Scripture 2 Corinthians 9:6-15
Make Me a Servant
Bible Reading for this Week
Pastor Scott will be preaching from the book of Jude for the first three Sundays in August.
Each week we pray for members of our church family. Suggested prayers are for their spiritual growth, opportunities to see Christ in their everyday lives, and anything else that God puts on your mind for them. This week please pray for:
- Alice B
- Yvonne B
- Tricia B
- Mairi B
- Bill B
- Bud & Lorraine B
- Marlene B
Pray for Envision Ministry:
- Mitchell S and his family are on vacation through August 8. Pray that they may be able to rest and be rejuvenated in Christ Jesus together. Also pray for protection for them and especially for the ministry while they are gone.
- Recently, the Gospel was spoken to a Deist on Railroad Ave, and a Bible was given to him. They followed up with him again so that he desires to meet at Starbucks and talk more. Pray for him to come to know Christ also.
- Envision praises God for their Jesus Study leaders, but keep them in prayer as they have brokenness even as they facilitate and pray for others.
- Pray for wisdom about a possible schedule change from Saturday mornings to Sunday nights for the church that meets at Mitzie’s house.
- Also pray for the Summit House as there is another fellow living there. The guys there are growing; doing the 12 steps, the Safe People book, and being mentored by others. The LORD is doing amazing transformation in them!
- Pray for continued opportunities for the Gospel as folks enfold others and make disciples of Jesus in Bellingham’s downtown culture. May the Lord grant them authentic community in Christ and may they all be protected and refreshed in Him.
Pray for the Persecuted Church in China:
July 25, 2019 (Morning Star News) Authorities in China have added “illegal business activities” to the subversion charge against Pastor Wang Yi and have coerced congregation members to falsely accuse him, according to advocacy and media reports. Pastor Wang, of Early Rain Covenant Church (ERCC) in Chengdu, Sichuan Province, was detained in a Dec. 9 raid along with more than 100 congregation members and, as leader of an unregistered church, was charged with “inciting subversion of the state.” He remains incarcerated along with four other church leaders.
Those who refused to make false accusations against Pastor Wang and church elders were shackled on their hands and feet for more than 10 days to prevent sleep, a released church member told China Aid.
China Aid reports that Chinese Christians are often charged with “inciting subversion of state power,” as the Chinese Communist Party views religion as a threat to its ideological control and rule, though China’s Christians practice their faith peacefully and have no intention to threaten government power.
The congregation of Hope in Christ Church has made the Spirit-filled decision to move forward and become a healthy missional church. This week’s Missional Marker is: Fruitful Organizational Structures (Exodus 18:13‐26, Acts 6:1-7)
- We can articulate a compelling, Christ-honoring vision for our church.
- We embrace evaluation as normal and natural and work through conflict constructively.
- Our organizational structures are designed to be efficient at making decisions while at the same time building congregational ownership for those decisions.
Church Picnic: Hospitality Team is planning a church picnic for a date-yet-to be-determined in late August. Please check in upcoming bulletins for details.
Senior Day in the Park: The Whatcom Council on Aging/Meals on Wheels is hosting a resource fair (free) and barbeque (by donation) at Hovander Homestead Park on August 14th from 10 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.. They wish to invite attenders of Hope in Christ Church to come and learn about the various resources available to the seniors of Whatcom County. More info: whatcomcoa.org
Petition Available For Your Review: There is a petition in the foyer for Initiative 1004 concerning abortion services for minors. Please review it and sign if you are led.
SERVANTS NEXT SUNDAY: August 4, 2019
- Ushers: Elaine S, Lou K
- Prayer Room: Ken W
- Cookies: Lorraine B, Lisa D
- Greeters: Darryl & Gloria G
- Serving Assistants: Grace, Amariah, Maggie
August Heartbeat Newsletter
The August edition of The Heartbeat is available in the foyer, or online at hopeinchristchurch.org
This Week at Hope in Christ Church
8:15 a.m. Prayer upstairs, all are welcome
9:30 a.m. Worship Service
4:30 p.m. Roberts’ Small Group
MONDAY (Office Closed)
TUESDAY (Office Hours: 8:30-3:00)
6:30 p.m. Boer’s Bible Study (in home)
WEDNESDAY (Office Hours: 8:30-3:00)
11:00 a.m. Recker Cleaning Crew
THURSDAY (Office Hours: 8:30-3:00)
6:30 a.m. Men’s Support Group – Herm Laninga (733-1415)
1:00 p.m. Bulletin Deadline
7:00 p.m. Praise Team Practice- Melissa Koning (360-870-3552)
FRIDAY (Office Hours: 8:30-3:00)
SATURDAY (Office Closed)