March 8, 2020
9:30 a.m. Worship Service 11:00 Sunday School
Order of Worship
Before the Throne of God Above
If You But Trust in God to Guide You
Litany Psalm 138
You Are My All in All
Offering Kingdom Advancement Fund
Prayers of the People
Scripture Matthew 8:5-10
Message Bold Authority
God of Angel Armies
I Belong to a Mighty God
We are so glad you have joined us today. After the service, we invite you to stay for refreshments and fellowship. Sunday School begins at 11:00 for adults and children. There are various small groups that meet during the week. You are welcome to visit and find one that is right for you!
BIBLE READING FOR THIS WEEK
Pastor Scott’s sermon text for March 15 is 1 Peter 1:13-25. The sermon title is “Consecrate Yourself.” Read chapters Seven and Eight of Moving Mountains in preparation for adult Sunday school. Please let Pastor Scott or your elder know if you need a book.
Each week we pray for members of our church family. Suggested prayers are for their spiritual growth, opportunities to see Christ in their everyday lives, and anything else that God puts on your mind for them. This week please pray for:
- Linda M.
- Steve & Gina N.
- Don N.
- Dan & Tanya O.: Amber, Chantel, Micah
- Lisa O.
Iranian Christians request prayer after the five-year prison sentence for pastor Abdolreza (Matthias) Haghnejad was upheld by special decree, bypassing normal judicial procedure. Abdolreza (Matthias) Haghnejad was arrested on 10 February 2019 when agents of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard raided the house church gathering in Rasht where pastor Matthias was ministering. Bibles and mobile phones were confiscated. Eight members of the same church were also arrested between 31 January and 23 February 2019. Friends of pastor Matthias request prayer for him, his family and the other defendants in this case that:
- Pastor Matthias and his family will not be discouraged and that their faith in the Lord Jesus will be strengthened.
- Due judicial procedure will be observed in the appeal process and that the verdicts against the defendants will be overturned.
- Belief in Jesus Christ and following Him will not be reckoned as a crime through “acting against national security” by the Iranian authorities and that Iranian citizens will no longer be persecuted because of holding to different religious beliefs.
SUNDAY SCHOOL MEMORY VERSES
- Marvel Acts 1:8
- Wonder Psalm 23:4-6
- Dive Psalm 95
SUNDAY SERVANTS FOR NEXT WEEK: MARCH 15TH
- Ushers/*Foyer: Len V./*Joe P.
- Prayer Room: Jay K.
- Cookies: Lorraine B., Lisa D.
- Sunday School Observer: Rockelle R.
- Children’s Leaders: Diane B., Darlys R., Kylie, Ali L.
- Greeters: Lanny & Christine S.
- Serving Assistants: Amber, Faith, Amariah
Adult Sunday School: This morning, we will watch session three of Moving Mountains, which will cover chapters five and six of the book. Next week (Mar. 15), we will watch session four, which covers chapters seven and eight of the book.
Help Needed for Classis North Cascades: The classis that Hope in Christ Church belongs to, Classis North Cascades, needs some positions filled. Would you be interested in one of these?
- One delegate to synod—the delegate can be a pastor, elder, or deacon.
- Finance Committee member
- World Renew board member—this person does not need to be an officebearer.
The deadline to find Synod Delegates is March 13. If you would like to fill one of these positions please contact Steve Van Noort at 360-603-1074 or firstname.lastname@example.org
HCC Seeking to Fill these Positions: Education Ministries Director to work approximately 8 hours per week, and Outreach Pastor with part-time hours. Job descriptions are available at hopeinchristchurch.org/jobs
Envision Mission Needs Computers: Envision Mission’s Summit House is looking for a couple more notebook computers for the house to use. If you have a notebook to donate please speak with Michael Boer. He would prepare the system for Envision’s use.
The March Heartbeat Newsletter is available in the foyer, or online at hopeinchristcurch.org.
The congregation of Hope in Christ Church has made the Spirit-filled decision to move forward and become a healthy missional church. This week’s Missional Marker is:
Life Transforming Walk With Jesus (John 3:3, 30; Phil. 1:6)
- We teach our people how to be attentive to Christ in all circumstances.
- Our people understand the radical nature of the message and mission of Jesus that continually deconstructs and reconstructs a person’s life.
- Our people are equipped and growing in their ability to use a variety of spiritual growth resources, experiences, and settings.
This Week at Hope in Christ Church
8:15 a.m. Prayer upstairs, all are welcome
11:00 a.m. Sunday School
4:30 p.m. Roberts Group
4:30 p.m. Jesus Gathering
7:00 p.m. Laninga group (in home)
MONDAY (Office Closed)
7:00 p.m. Friendship Class
TUESDAY (Office Hours: 8:30-3:00)
6:30 p.m. Boer’s Bible Study (in home)
WEDNESDAY (Office Hours: 8:30-3:00)
9:45 a.m. Women’s Bible Study
7:00 p.m. Council Meeting
THURSDAY (Office Hours: 8:30-3:00)
6:30 a.m. Men’s Support Group
1:00 p.m. Bulletin Deadline
7:00 p.m. Men’s Bible Study
7:00 p.m. Praise Team Practice
FRIDAY (Office Hours: 8:30-3:00)
SATURDAY (Office Closed)