If you want to make a gift/offering to Hope in Christ Church, click here to learn about ways to give.
You can view a digital bulletin Here
You can watch a Livestream at 9:30 am on our facebook account.
What was God doing before the creation of the world?
- Augustine’s answer (Rev 21:8)
- Westminster Confession of Faith 8.1
- The Covenant of Redemption, i.e. pactum salutis.
Is there Scriptural Support for this idea (Pactum Salutis)?
- Ephesians 1:4 & John 17:1-2, 6
- 1:8-10 & Acts 2:23
Why is it called the Covenant of Redemption?
- Louis Berkhof describes the covenant of redemption (Systematic Theology, 271).
- What is a Covenant?
- Who are the parties of this covenant (Lk 22:28-30)
- What was the agreement made in the covenant (Ps 2:5-9)
- What does Redemption imply?
Why does any of this matter? (Wilhelmus à Brakel’s Christians Reasonable Service, p261-265)
- Firstly – Redemption wasn’t an afterthought, a plan B. (Eph 1:10, Col 1:17-20)
- Secondly – It guarantees that your salvation is secure (Ps 115:1)
- Thirdly – It reveals the unconditional Love of God (1 John 4:19).
Conclusion: Where does salvation begin? (Rev 13:8)