If you want to make a gift/offering to Hope in Christ Church, click here to le
arn about ways to give.
- Paul’s Imprisonment is advancing the gospel (1:12-13)
- The Imprisonment: Good or Bad?
- The word advancing is an interesting word. (1Tim 4:15, Lk 2:52, Gal 1:14)
- Gk: prokoph. forward movement. Vs. Gk: proskoph: hindrance
- Captors and guards are aware of Christ (Acts 28:30, 16:25-34)
- My Imprisonment has made others bold to proclaim the word (1:14)
- They speak the Word! (1Cor 1:18, 2Cor 5:19, Eph 1:13, Col 1:25, 3:16, 4:3, 1Th 1:8, 2Th 3:1)
- Some preach out of envy and rivalry (1:15, 17)
- Some preach out of goodwill (1:15-16)
- I rejoice that Christ is proclaimed in all these ways (1:18, 27-30)
- Application 1:Where is the gospel being pushed forward in your life and world?
- Application 2: Transforming difficulty, suffering, and hardship
- A mature believer approaches hardship and suffering with eyes fixed on Christ.