If you want to make a gift/offering to Hope in Christ Church, click here to learn about ways to give.
You can view a digital bulletin Here
You can watch a Livestream at 9:30 am on our facebook account.
Organizations without Leaders flounder and fail
- Blunders (Ex 18:13-18)
- It is easy to think as a leader that it all rests upon you.
- Look at Moses
- He has just led the people out of Egypt, and what did he have to do in that?
- But here, on the other side of the Exodus, his Father in law brings his wife and sons to him, and watches (Ex 18:13-14, 17)
- Godly Fruitful leadership
- Heeds the advice of others (Ex 18:24)
- Intercedes for people before God (Ex 18:19)
- Warns about ways that lead away from God(Ex 18:20, Dan 12:3, Ezek 3:17-21, Heb 13:17)
- Instructs them on how to live a godly life (Ex 18:20, Tit 1:7-9, Gal 5:23-24)
- Establishes a structure of leadership development (Ex 18:21)
- Appoints godly people with delegated power (Ex 18:22)
What is the purpose of the Organizational Structure?
- In Moses’ circumstance, the structure that was needed was a structure capable of instructing a pagan people in the ways of living as God’s covenant people
- Similarly, we need structures in the church that help us to do what we are called to do:
- We need structures that promote internal church life – hospitality, scripture study, worship, prayer
- We need structures that promote external gospel ministry – evangelism, benevolence, global concern
- We need structures that keep us centered on the word and gospel
- We need structures that help do train up leaders and ensure that the main things are the way that our teams are looking at things.
- The structures at HICC
- Let’s continue to develop structures that give us flexibility, but center us on a broad vision to see people come to faith and worship the Lord Jesus,
- But also engage a mission that allows us to know who and how we want to see Christ made known in the world.