If you want to make a gift/offering to Hope in Christ Church, click here to learn about ways to give.
You can watch our Livestream at 9:30 am on Sunday Mornings.
The Salvation of God comes to those who have nothing to offer (Isa 51:1-3)
- An invitation to seekers (v1)
- Consider what they have to offer (v1c-2, Gen 15:5-6, 26:5)
- But look what God does (v2-3)
- To Abraham he blesses and multiplies
- To all the others who are seeking
- He Comforts
- He Restores
The Salvation/righteousness of God is eternal and rooted in him (Isa 51:4-6)
The Righteous will be persecuted (Isa 51:7-8)
Where is the gospel in all of this?
- First – the gospel is clear in the call and work of God to declare people righteous.
- Second – The gospel is Jesus as the justice of God for a light to the peoples (Isa 51:4)