If you want to make a gift/offering to Hope in Christ Church, click here to learn about ways to give.
You can view a digital bulletin Here oR check out our FACEBOOK ACCOUNT.
You can watch our Livestream at 9:30 am on Sunday Mornings.
Have you ever wondered what kind of God we worship?
Cyrus, the anointed? (Isa 45:1)
- Some History
- His Anointed & His Shepherd (Isa 44:28)
- Anointed to be God’s Tool in the World
- God promises to grasp Cyrus’ hand
- God promises to subdue nations (Isa 45:1, 2, 5)
- God promises him the treasures of the world (Isa 45:3)
- How is this good news for the Jews? (2Chr 36:22-23, Ezra 1:1-8)
- God’s 3-fold purpose in exalting Cyrus
- Cyrus learns of God’s power (Isa 45:3)
- Israel might learn about God’s ways (Isa 45:4-5)
- The world might know about God (Isa 45:6)
- What God wants to reveal about himself
- I am the LORD (Isa 45:5)
- There is no other God (Isa 45:5-7)
- Practical Applications (Isa 45:9)
Cyrus and Jesus
- Like Cyrus, Jesus is given the world (Ps 2)
- Like Cyrus, Jesus loosed the belts of the enemy (Col 2:15, Lk 4:41, Rev 1:16, 19:15)
- Like Cyrus Jesus is called by name,
- Before his birth (Mt 1:21)
- At the start of his ministry (Lk 9:35)
- Like Cyrus, Jesus proclaims that the captives can go home (Lk 4:18)
- Like Cyrus, Jesus brings out the treasures of God and restores them to the people of God (Gal 5:22-23, Jn 3:16, 2Cor 4:6-7, Rom 12/1Cor 12)
- Like Cyrus, Jesus builds God’s city/temple (Eph 2:22, 4:16, Isa 45:13, Ezra 1)
- Like Cyrus Jesus exists to make the world know that God is God and there is no other. (Jn 14:9, Heb 1:3, Acts 6:7, 11:18, Rev 5:9)