If you want to make a gift/offering to Hope in Christ Church, click here to learn about ways to give.
You can view a digital bulletin Here
You can watch a Livestream at 9:30 am on our facebook account.
- John begins with a question (1Jn 5:5)
- The world (1Jn 2:16-19)
- The One believing that Jesus is the Son of God.
- Believing denotes a walk with Jesus.
- A very special relationship to Jesus that is needed
- The Victory of Christ symbolized and testified to (1Jn 5:5-8)
- Why 3?
- In Jewish Jurisprudence, matters of weight must be established by 2 or 3 witnesses (Dt 17:6, 19:15)
- If men’s words can be trusted, how much more can God’s? (2SSam 7:28, Prov 30:5)
- These are in unity together
- What three?
- Spirit, Water and Blood
- The majority of commentators agree that water and blood are most likely references to Jesus’ baptism and crucifixion/resurrection.
- If you recall the baptism story in Matthew 3:13-17, John1:29-34
- The blood, refers to the sacrifice of Christ
- The Spirit was present at both (Rom 8:11)
- All three of these agree that Jesus is the overcomer, and if he is the conqueror, then we can overcome when we are in HIM!
- Why 3?
- John then declares The Spirit is the Truth (1Jn 5:6)
- The Question – Do we believe God’s testimony? (1Jn 5:10-12)