Devotional resources for this sermon available here.
- Paul’s Final Word
- Intro (2Tim 1:2, 1Tim 1:2, Acts 16:1-3, 17:15, 1Cor 4:17, 16:10, 1Th 3:2)
- The Charge (2Tim 4:1-2)
- I charge you.
- The Witnesses
- By invoking the Father, Paul is saying that his commands are in line with the character and plans of God Almighty
- By invoking the Son, Christ Jesus, Paul is reminding Timothy of the Son’s unique purposes in plans of God.
- Judgment (2Tim 4:1, Jn 5:22-27)
- The Advents (2Tim 4:1, 1:10, 6:14, Acts 1:11)
- The Kingdom (1Cor 15:23-25)
- 5 Specific Expectations are given (2Tim 4:2, 2:8-9, 1Cor 11:31)
- Reason for the Charge (2Tim 4:3)
- Paul’s self-reflection upon his death provides the Reason (2Tim 4:6-8, Phil 1:23)
- The Gloria (2Tim 4:18b)