If you want to make a gift/offering to Hope in Christ Church, click here to learn about ways to give.
You can view a digital bulletin Here
You can watch a Livestream at 9:30 am on our facebook account.
- Supporting missionaries and evangelists is highly important for the Christian life
- The Introduction (3Jn 1)
- Like 2Jn, The letter is written by “The Elder”
- The Recipient
- Who was Gaius? (Rom 16:23, 1Cor 1:14, acts 20:4)
- Whom is Gaius beloved by?
- The Prayer
- Before Notice what John prays for Gaius, I want to draw attention to what he assumes first (3Jn 2c)
- Now, given that caveat, lets see the specific requests he makes (3Jn 2)
- John wants Gaius’ external life to prosper. (Dan 6:4, Lk 16:11)
- And that you may be in good health
- This is Not a health and wealth prayer. (3Jn 3-4)
- On Supporting Missionaries (3Jn 5-10)
- Gaius’ actions (3Jn 5)
- Hospitality emboldens testimony (3Jn 6)
- Our hospitality is a form of love lived out
- As Christians we have a calling to be a hospitable people
- There is no excuse for failing to be a hospitable people
- Hospitality is more than just present need, it includes equipping for future need (3Jn 6-7)
- Supporting Missionaries is an Gospel Ought (3Jn 8)
- Support is Gospel Partnership (3Jn 8)