If you want to make a gift/offering to Hope in Christ Church, click here to learn about ways to give.
You can view a digital bulletin Here
You can watch a Livestream at 9:30 am on our facebook account.
- We all long for peace (Prov 18:21)
- What is the Origin of all the conflicts in the world?
- Simply stated, human desires are. Listen to (James 4:1-4 , Lk 8:14)
- Peace is won and secured
- through Prayer (Phil 4:6-7)
- by self-control (Acts 20:35).
- by self-denial.
- Let’s take this insight from James and compare it to some of the major WV’s and see how they differ from God’s wisdom in seeking to secure peace.
- Happiness leads to virtue
- Rejecting Truth leads to peace
- War exists because people insist that their truth is THE TRUTH.
- Furthermore, the whole premise of rejecting truth leading to peace is at its root a denial of Jesus (Jn 14:6, Eph 2:14, Zech 8:19)
- Submitting to Allah leads to peace
- Marxism enshrines conflict into the very core of its philosophy
- Jesus is our Peace
- Peace comes from Jesus (Phil 1:2, Luke 24:36)
- For Peace to reign upon the earth, people need the truth of Jesus and the truth of their own sin (1Th 5:23, Heb 13:20-21)
- Band aids won’t bring peace
- We need new hearts (Ezek 36:26)
- We need the Spirit abiding in us so that the things that build peace are internal to us (Rom 8:6, Gal 5:22-23)
- The world will never know peace until the world knows Jesus!