The Divine Character of Jesus, Part 2 (Ex 34:6-7, various NT)
- Recap of Part 1
- God is abounding in love (Jn 6:38-40, Lk 19:10)
- Significance: If God is faithful to you in Christ, you can be assured that nothing can separate you from the love of God in Christ Jesus. (Rom 8:39)
- God is abounding in faithfulness (truth) (Jn 14:6, 18:37)
- Significance: The things Jesus promised, we can depend upon. He will come back. HE will never leave us. He will lead us to living waters…We can bank upon it.
- God forgives sin (Ex 34:7, Mk 2:7, Mt 9:2-5, Lk 7:47, Mt 26:28, Eph 4:32, Heb 9:11-14, 22, 10:18)
- Significance: As the I AM, merciful, gracious, faithfully loving, truthful God, he can and does forgive sin and set sinners free from the punishment they deserve. Therefore we have no excuse not to forgive those who sin against us. (Eph 4:32)
- God holds sinners accountable (Ex 34:7, Mt 25:31-46, Jn 9:39, 2Tim 4:1)
- Significance: This ought to cause all people, esp. believers to be quick to repent of our sins and flee the temptations of life for aside from living in the forgiveness granted by Christ to his people, the judgment that awaits us will leave no one standing. This message is for us and all we encounter in the world.
- Conclusion (Jn 14:9)
Part 1 of this sermon available here.