If you want to make a gift/offering to Hope in Christ Church, click here to learn about ways to give.
You can watch our Livestream at 9:30 am on Sunday Mornings.
Your thought life matters
- The things swirling around in your mind are an indicator of the state of your heart and your relationship to God. (Mt 15:19)
- The things we think about affect both our exterior actions and also the state of our heart. (Col 3:2)
- Why does this matter?
- We will be judged for our thought life, and not just for our actions (Mt 9:4, Rom 14;10-12
- Because our thought life is part of our sanctification (1Cor 14;20, Rom 12:2, Phil 4:8, Jn 14:6)
How to Guard your heart and your mind
- Avoid putting junk in
- Prayer and Thanksgiving (Phil 4:6-7)
- Read the Word, Meditate on it, Memorize it (Heb 4:12, Prvo 16:20)
- Stop and reflect
- Ask God to change your thoughts (Dan 4:16)
- Sing Praise