Order of Worship
Call to Worship Psalm 103
Blessed Be Your Name
It Is Well
Offering: Kingdom Advancement Fund
Message: Faith of a Foreign Woman
The Lord’s Supper, which we celebrate today, is a way for the Christian to remember the sacrifice of Christ. If you have not yet believed in Christ as Savior, we invite you to watch and learn. We are glad you are here! If you have questions about Jesus, please see Pastor Scott after the worship service.
You Alone Can Rescue
I Will Sing of My Redeemer
Thank You from Winnie & Doug: We would like to express our gratitude to everyone who participated in Doug’s retirement party and his special birthday. A special thank you to those who helped set up and clean up. Moreover, thank you for bringing the delicious food. We appreciate your thoughtfulness for the cards for both occasions. Your celebration with us meant a great deal to us.
The Story Cards for Children: Children are invited to take a story card home with them today. The cards correspond to the chapter of The Story that we are covering each week. This Sunday, the card has an illustration from of Ruth and Boaz on the front, and Ruth 2:11 printed on the back. Look for a basket with the cards at the back of the sanctuary every Sunday.
Brother Yun Speaking Tour: The subject and co-author of the book “Heavenly Man,” will be speaking at Hillcrest Chapel 1400 Larrabee Ave., on March 15th at 7pm. Google Books describes Brother Yun’s story with these words: “You’ve seen the headlines—government crackdowns on Chinese house churches; mass arrests and human rights violations… But this intensely dramatic autobiography makes it real! Learn how God took a young half-starved boy from Henan Province and enabled him to stand strong on the front lines for Jesus, braving horrific opposition and impossible odds.” For more information, contact Renate at 360-201-5333.
Worship Celebration Concert: The Southern Gospel group Evergreen 3 and acclaimed singer and songwriter Jason Runnels will be featured at a worship celebration concert on Friday, March 9, at 7 p.m. at Nooksack Valley Reformed Church, 602 E. Second St., Nooksack. There will be a freewill offering, and refreshments after. For more information, call Donna at (360) 966-5165.
The congregation of Hope in Christ Church has made the Spirit-filled decision to move forward and become a healthy missional church.
This week’s Missional Marker is:
(Psalm 138:1a; John 4:23)
- We exalt and celebrate God for who he is, what he has done, what he is doing and what he will do.
- Worship reflects careful preparation to help give voice to many dimensions of response to God such as adoration, praise, contrition, lament, and commitment.
- People leave worship knowing something more about the heart of God and about their own hearts.
This Week at Hope in Christ Church
- 8:15am Prayer upstairs, all are welcome
- 9:30am Worship Service, Communion
- 11:00am Sunday School
- 6:00 pm T.A.G. (Talking About God)
MONDAY (Office Closed)
- 6:00pm G.E.M.S.
TUESDAY (Office Hours: 8:30-3:00)
- 6:00 pm Richard’s Bible Study
WEDNESDAY (Office Hours: 8:30-3:00)
- 9:45am Women’s Bible Study
- 10:00am Men’s Fellowship – Over Easy Restaurant
- 11:00am Recker Cleaning Crew
- 7:00pm Elders, Deacons Meetings
THURSDAY (Office Hours: 8:30-3:00)
- 6:30am Men’s Support Group – Herm Laninga (733-1415)
- 1:00pm Bulletin Deadline
- 7:00pm Praise Team Practice- Melissa Koning (360-870-3552)
- 7:00pm Men’s Bible Study – Admin. Building
FRIDAY (Office Hours: 8:30-3:00)
SATURDAY (Office Closed)
NEXT SUNDAY, MARCH 11, 2018
Sermon: The Story, Chapter 10: We Need a Real King!
- Greeters: Deloris, Denise
- Cookies: Lorraine, Lisa D
- Serving Assistants: Michal, Ana Maria, Grace
- Ushers: Lou, Len
- Prayer Room: Terry
- Sunday School: Michael, Brian
- Children and Worship: Diane, Amber
Each week we pray for members of our church family. Suggested prayers are for their spiritual growth, opportunities to see Christ in their everyday lives, and anything else that God puts on your mind for them. This week please pray for:
- Doug & Jan
- Joanne S
- Pastor Scott & Jen and children:
- Ellie, Morgan, Bekah, Zeke, Caleb, Grace, Faith, Elisha
Pray for the Ministry to Seafarers: There are several ways you can help the local Seafarers ministry reach out with the Gospel to sailors in local ports. They are in need of good and Christian magazines, DVDs, jackets and hats. Items can be brought to the Project Hope building on B.C. Avenue in Lynden. If you are interested, the Seafarers always are looking for ship visitors. Please pray for their ministry. Call Port Chaplain John Van Hemert at (206) 778-1523 for more information.
Pray for Love INC (In the Name of Christ): Love INC is looking for phone call volunteers for its Calling Center. Please pray that God would provide. If you are available to serve between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. any days Mondays through Thursdays, call the office at (360) 671-6201.
For the Hope in Christ Church Council: Our elders and deacons meet together once a month. Their March meeting is Wednesday, March 14th. Pray that these men and women will be led by the Lord in every decision and conversation, and that he would give them the time, energy, ability, and willingness to do the work that He has called them to do.
Sunday School Memory Work
- Wonder Class: Psalm 23:4-6
- Marvel class: Acts 1:8