From Jason Hubbard at the Light of the World Prayer Center:
1 Timothy 2:1–4 (ESV), “First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, 2for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. 3This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, 4who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.”
- Heavenly Father, today we lift before You the upcoming elections. We pray that people will become well informed on how candidates stand on the issues and will seriously seek You in how they vote.
- We ask that voters would not put economics or politics above godly and biblical foundations
- Lord, we pray for Your Spirit to fill the voting booths and guide people as they vote.
- We ask that Washingtonians and all Americans would follow Your guidance, not just political parties.
- Lord, please watch over the integrity of the voting system; protect the casting and counting of every ballot.
- By Your Holy Spirit, awaken huge numbers of godly people who will turn out to vote.
- Most of all, Lord, give us godly leaders of integrity who will govern in wisdom and righteousness.
In Jesus’ name. AMEN.