If you want to make a gift/offering to Hope in Christ Church, click here to learn about ways to give.
You can view a digital bulletin Here
You can watch a Livestream at 9:30 am on our facebook account.
- Kings are powerful and can bring great blessing or be a terror.
- The King comes to a wedding
- Jesus is the Lamb and the King (Jn 1:29, 49)
- Jewish Weddings
- Wine is a symbol for joy, blessing, bounty… (Ps 104:15, Isa 55:1, Judg 9:13)
- The Unthinkable Happens: No more Wine (Jn 2:3)
- Jesus’ response
- Woman, What does this have to do with me? (Jn 2:4a, Jn 19:26-27)
- My Hour has not yet come (Jn 2:4b, 12:23, 17:1)
- Mary’s faith (Jn 2:5)
- Jesus’ actions
- 6 giant jars for purification (Jn 2:6)
- Jesus commands them to be filled and then to take some out and deliver it to the MC (Jn 2:7-8)
- Jesus doesn’t reveal his plan to anyone. Just step by step he gives instructions, the servants are expected to listen and do and as a result, the plan of God unfolds, the gift is given and joy flourishes!
- We don’t know when the miracle happened.
- But what we do know is that Jesus acted in such a way that the best wine ever was present at the wedding in Cana.
- The Wine of God (Jn 2:10, Rev 19:6-9)
- If the bride and groom are a picture of Christ and his marriage to the Bride
- If the wine is a picture of joy
- Then we learn that the greatest joy comes from having Jesus acting in our lives
- Jesus can take the things that lack in our life and transform them into the joys of celebration
- The best is yet to come!