If you want to make a gift/offering to Hope in Christ Church, click here to learn about ways to give.
You can view a digital bulletin Here
You can watch a Livestream at 9:30 am on our facebook account.
- One of the great dilemmas of modern life is how to reconcile Divine Sovereignty and Human freedom and responsibility
- The Lord’s instrument: Assyria and the Lord’s purposes (5)
- Assyria is God’s rod and staff (Isa 10:5)
- God’s intentions for Assyria (Isa 10:6)
- Israel is the godless people?
- Sent by God to spoil, plunder, and trample
- But God doesn’t intend to completely eradicate them (Isa 1:9, 3:10, 4:1, 5:17, 6:13)
- Purifying the godless nations of Israel and Judah
- But Assyria has a different plan (Isa 10:7-11, 13-14)
- Assyria is still accountable to God and will be punished for her transcending of God’s intent for her (Isa 10:12, 15-34, 2Chr 32:20-21)
- 2 important doctrines:
- God is sovereignly in Control.
- People and nations are still morally responsible for their actions