If you want to make a gift/offering to Hope in Christ Church, click here to learn about ways to give.
You can view a digital bulletin Here
You can watch a Livestream at 9:30 am on our facebook account.
- Father (Jn 17:1c)
- Jesus begins his prayer of victory by speaking directly to his father. (Jn 14:9, 8:28, 14:31)
- God is our Father as well (Mt 6:9, Gal 4:6)
- The Hour has come (Jn 17:1d)
- The time for Jesus’ death has come, (Jn 12:23-24, 17:1)
- Glorify your Son
- To glorify something is to ‘clothe it in splendor’. (Jn 17:5)
- To Glorify is to ‘make much of something’
- Why does the glorification of the Son involve his death?
- That the Son may glorify you.
- Application (1Pt 2:12)
- Jesus requests the restoration of his glory because he has used everything the Father has given him in order to fulfill the Father’s desires – the restoration of the Kingdom from darkness to light. (Jn 17:2-5)
- Application: So what work has God given you to do, that you might know and glorify the Father and the Son and the Spirit?
- People of God are you eager to glorify your Father and your Savior?