If you want to make a gift/offering to Hope in Christ Church, click here to learn about ways to give.
You can view a digital bulletin Here
You can watch a Livestream at 9:30 am on our facebook account.
Where do you find the gospel in the Bible?
- Is it only in the 4 stories about Jesus – MT, MK, LK, JN?
- Is it in the epistles?
- Is the gospel in the OT?
- Ezek 35-36 are a unit
In the Gospel, God acts for his own renown, to display his glory and power (Eze 36:22, 32)
- The people of God have profaned God’s name
- How do we profane God’s name? (HC 99, WLC 113)
- God will protect his name and bring it back into awe among the peoples (Eze 36:23)
What will God do to display his holy Name?
- First – Regather his People from exile back to their land (Eze 36:24, Jn 11:52, Act 2:39, 1Cor 1:9, 24)
- Second, God will cleanse his people to display his powerful might (Eze 36:25-26, Num 19)
- The heart of stone includes impenitence (Rom 2:5) ignorance (Eph 4:18), Evil (Heb 3;12) and wandering (Heb 3:10)
- The heart of flesh includes having the law of God written internally (Rom 2:15, 29, 6:17)
- The NT parallel to this is found in Heb 10:22, Jn 13:8, 1Cor 6:11, Acts 2:38-39, 2Cor 3:3)
- Third – God gives his Spirit to enable faithfulness (Eze 36:27, 36, Lev 5;16, Phil 2:13, 1Th 4)
- This is the gospel