Hope in Christ Church
8:00 a.m. Prayer Time 9:30 a.m. Worship Service 11:00 a.m. Sunday School
Glorifying God by Knowing, Living and Proclaiming our Hope in Christ
Welcome to Hope in Christ Church! We are so glad you have joined us today.
After the service, we invite you to stay for refreshments and fellowship followed by Sunday school at 11:00 a.m. There are various small groups that meet during the week as well. You are welcome to visit and find one that is right for you!
Order of Worship
Holy Spirit Living Breath of God
Welcome & Greeting
Blest Be the Tie That Binds
May the Mind of Christ My Savior
We Are God’s People
Litany John 14:15-21
Here I Am Lord
Offering Kingdom Advancement Fund
Make Me A Servant
Scripture Exodus 35:30-36:1
Message Spiritual Gifts: Building the Body of Christ
Let It Be Said of Us
The River is Here
BIBLE READING FOR THIS WEEK
Read through CHAPTER 18 of Believe this week as you ponder the following questions:
- What in this chapter spoke to me the most? Was there something I saw in a new light?
- What in this chapter draws me to live more fully for Christ?
- Is there something that I would want to share from my heart with someone who may not know Jesus as their Savior?
Each week we pray for members of our church family. Suggested prayers are for their spiritual growth, opportunities to see Christ in their everyday lives, and anything else that God puts on your mind for them. This week please pray for:
- Denise D
- Scott E
- Paulino & Georgi E
- Ginny F
- Karen F
- Anne G
From Love INC of Whatcom County:
Here are some of the things God has been doing through the Call Center over the past few weeks… Praise
- 4 families with gas voucher resources, and 2 individuals to propane vouchers
- 5 families with furniture vouchers to Habitat for Humanity
- 3 individuals with community resources and information to help with housing
- 1 family to resources that would connect them with needed specialized transportation of a family member in an electric wheel chair
- We pray for continued to donations to Habitat for Humanity on behalf of Love INC.; thus, we may continue to provide vouchers to families in need
- Prayer for volunteers in the Call Center, Relational Ministry, Board, and Money Management
- Thank you, Lord, for all the support we continue to receive here at Love INC
This week’s Missional Marker is: Culture of Godly Leadership (Hebrews 13:7)
- Our leaders at all levels serve with character, competence, and conviction.
- A spirit of collegiality pervades, with our people trusting our leaders and our leaders trusting our people.
- We continually identify and train godly leaders for all dimensions of our ministry.
SERVANTS NEXT SUNDAY: MAY 19TH
- Ushers: Don K, Bud B
- Prayer Room: Ev K
- Cookies: Mona R, Ida R
- Serving Assistants: Chantel, Caleb, Brenna
- Greeters: Lisa O, Deloris P
- Children’s Leaders: Aaron, Jolene, Michael B., Marjie, Amber, Ida (observer)
Family Promise Meeting Today: We are providing support for Family Promise for the week of May 26 at First Christian Church. Please stay for a short meeting today immediately following the service for more information and the opportunity to sign up to help.
Council Candidates: The following members have been accepted by congregational vote for Elder: Clair Abee, Brian Koning, Herm Laninga; and for Deacon: Ruth Stadt, Jennifer Boer, Philip Bergman. Next Sunday (19th) we will draw lots and the Holy Spirit will select our next Elders and Deacons. We give thanks to Joe Pruitt and Don Recker for their service as Elders, and to Lisa DeSalvo and Terry Vander Woude for their service as Deacons.
Bring Us Your Books! The H.I.C. Little Library is becoming a reality and now we need your help to keep it stocked! Please bring used Novels (fiction and non-fiction), Devotionals, Children’s Books, Teen Books, Bibles, D.V.Ds and C.Ds, etc. There is a container in the foyer to place your items. Thanks so much! From the Vitality Committee.
Shower Connect: Hope in Christ is hosting Shower Connect on Thursday the 16th from 1-4 p.m. There is a sign-up sheet in the foyer for you to sign-up to help on shower days. Volunteers will be needed to take a 21/2 hour shift and help with either setting up or putting things away. We will need volunteers every Thursday through the summer.
Garage Sale: Hope in Christ Church will be hosting a garage sale May 17-18 to benefit the Reed’s adoption. We would love for some folks to come alongside and help with the sale. We will be setting up on Wed May 15, finishing set up and pricing on May 16, and hosting the sale from 8a-2p Fri and Sat May 17 and 18. Finally, there will be clean up and reset Sat from 2- finished. If you have items to donate you can drop them in the youth portable or bring them to church May 15-16. For questions, or to volunteer to help, please contact Jen Roberts.
Buildings and Grounds Work Project: The work is scheduled for May 18th at 8:30 a.m. to replace some siding and windows on the Ministry House. Doug Bosscher is leading the project and requests volunteers to help lower the cost of the project. Please contact the church office if you would like to help.
Evergreen Christian School Celebration: Evergreen Christian School invites past and present families to an evening of celebration and worship on May 31 at 6:30. Enjoy an evening of praise and worship and shared memories as we celebrate God’s faithfulness in the past, present, and future of Evergreen Christian School. Cookie reception to follow program.
Northwest Hispanic Ministry: You are invited to attend Northwest Hispanic Ministry’s Biannual Banquet on Friday, May 17th at First CRC in Mount Vernon at 6:00 pm, or Saturday, May 18th at 5:30 pm at Third Christian Reformed Church in Lynden. Come and enjoy an evening of food and fellowship as we listen to Pastor Joe Strong as he informs us about how God is changing lives and building His Kingdom here in NW Washington.
SUNDAY SCHOOL MEMORY VERSES
- Wonder: Isa. 41:10
- Marvel: Isa. 40:29-31
- Dive: Matt. 22:37-40 & Bonus- Ex. 20:1-17
This Week at Hope in Christ Church
- 8:15 a.m. Prayer upstairs, all are welcome
- 9:30 a.m. Worship Service
- 11:00 a.m. Sunday School, Family Promise Meeting
- 4:30 p.m. Roberts’ Small Group
- 4:30 p.m. Jesus Gathering
MONDAY (Office Closed)
- 6:00 p.m. Friendship Celebration
TUESDAY (Office Hours: 8:30-3:00)
- 6:30 p.m. Boer’s Bible Study (in home)
- 6:00 p.m. Richards’ Bible Study (in home)
WEDNESDAY (Office Hours: 8:30-3:00)
- 11:00 a.m. Recker Cleaning Crew
- Garage Sale Set-up
THURSDAY (Office Hours: 8:30-3:00)
- Garage Sale Set-up
- 6:30 a.m. Men’s Support Group
- 1:00-4:00 p.m. Shower Connect
- 7:00 p.m. Praise Team Practice
FRIDAY (Office Hours: 8:30-3:00)
- 8:00 a.m.—2:00 p.m. Garage Sale
SATURDAY (Office Closed)
- 8:30 a.m. Work Project, Ministry House
- 8:00 a.m.—2:00 p.m. Garage Sale