If you want to make a gift/offering to Hope in Christ Church, click here to learn about ways to give.
You can watch our Livestream at 9:30 am on Sunday Mornings.
Imagine how it would feel:
Zechariah and Elizabeth (Luke 1:5-8)
- Barren (Gen 11:30, Judg. 13:2ff, 1Sam 1:2ff)
Zechariah meets the Angel Gabriel (Luke 1:8-20)
- Division of Abijah (1Chr 24:1-19)
- Incense is a symbol of prayer (Ps 141:2, Rev 5:8, 8:3-4)
- Angel appears (Lk 1:11, 19)
- Troubled & afraid (Lk 1:13, Jn 5:7)
- A Promised Son (Lk 1:13)
- As people pray together, God brings revelation!
- As Zechariah performs communal worship duties, God answers his personal prayer
- A visual picture of answered prayer
- Name him God is Gracious
- John will have great effects on the world
- Finding joy and gladness (Lk 1:14)
- Others rejoice (Lk 1:14-15)
- Filled with Holy Spirit from conception (Lk 1:15)
- John’s Job
- Help people return to God (Lk 1:16, Mal 2:6-7, Lk 3:3)
- Forerunner of God (Lk 1:17, James 5:17-20)
- Zechariah’s Unbelief (Luke 1:18-20)
- Zechariah failed to believe
- Do you identify?
- God’s sense of humor.
- Can you be blessed by God while not having all the blessings of the world or the culture you live in?
- Does worship need to be incorporated into your prayer and discernment process?
- Is there a word from God that you need to believe and step out in faith, awaiting God’s further action?